Our mission is fairly straightforward – we strive to obtain permanency for children in foster care, whether it is in the form of reunification, kinship care, or adoption. In order to achieve this, we focus on the following:
- Increase education, awareness, and advocacy for adoption and foster care
- Educate the public on the positive values of adoption and foster care
- General and strategic recruitment of foster and adoptive families
- Provide the educational programs that will strengthen area adoption and foster care nonprofits
- Find affordable ways for adoption to happen and lessen the financial burden to families
- Facilitate connections between organizations and the Virginia Department of Social Services
- Execute an annual conference to include all related agencies and Virginia’s Adoption Champion
- Offer continuous communication including emails, monthly newsletters, etc.
- Create community events with awareness and components
- Navigation and resources provided to prospective and current foster & adoptive families
Family Match Program
We are excited to finally reveal an exciting pilot program, “Family Match,” that will be coming to Virginia in 2017. This program will leverage today’s technology to help children in foster care like never before.
- Family-Match now offers innovative technology to bring stability to children in state care by matching compatible attributes of foster children with their foster and adoptive families. This increase in stability will dramatically improve outcomes for children in foster care and strengthen our communities.
- Family-Match, a program developed by Adoption-Share, utilizes data analytics and predictive models to help child service workers make the best placement decisions for children in foster care. Compatibility matching for children in foster care will lead to more stable placements, a key factor in eliminating the pipeline connecting foster kids to poor outcomes.
Programs for Families
Foster Education for Virginia’s adoption process to prospective parents and waiting families. Assist families to meet their needs in obtaining foster and adoptive certification. Connecting Hearts acts as a liaison between families and certification agencies across the state. Provide continuous communication with families and agencies to ensure adoption process is going well and assist where needed.
Identify Potential Matches regardless of where in the state families and children in need are located.
Programs for Professionals
Enhance & Streamline the adoption process by working with social service and child welfare professionals to help break down barriers.
Programs for Youth in Foster Care
These are programs that encourage normalcy for our foster children. These activities vary. Here are a list of a few: birthday bags, holiday events, summer camps, and more! Connecting Hearts also works with youth around job placement, grants and resources for college as well as professional certifications.
Your support makes it possible to provide foster children birthday bags, holiday events, summer camps, and more!
- Foster2Adopt educational campaign for prospective parents
- “30 Kids in 30 Days” – educational media campaign to show waiting children
- Connecting Hearts acts as a call center which helps prospective parents through the process for 6 months to 2 years